SHIPPING ALWAYS FREE WITH US!
Dwarf Yellow Papaya Sweet Variety Live Plant Fruit Plants Seeds For Small Gardens (Healthy Plant)paya Sweet Variety Live Plant Fruit Plants Seeds For Small Gardens (Healthy Plant Seeds) FREE SHIPPING
How to Grow Papaya from Seeds
The fruit of papayas is high in vitamin A & C. You can also pick the fruit when it is green and cook it like a marrow.
· Papayas grow best in hot areas.
· They can tolerate mild frost if they are protected from cold winds.
· They can grow in most kinds of soil, but it must be well drained.
· The roots can get diseases if the soil stays too wet.
· Loamy soils are best.
Papayas can be planted at any time of the year, but preferably in late summer.
Plant papayas 1,5 meters between plants and
3 to 4 meters between rows.
Growing papayas from seeds
It is better to use loamy sand with little bit of peat moss and prepare good planting mixture. It should be free from fungi or germs which can badly effect to seeds germination.
Spacing can arrange 2 inch between row & plants Put 2 seeds to a hole.
Keep the small plants moist.
You can only tell which trees are female and which are male when the trees start to flower. Therefore, you should always have more than one tree per hole, because then you can select the female trees.
Sprouting takes from 15 days to six weeks or longer for some strange reason.
· Dig a hole about twice the size of the bag in which the young tree is growing.
· Remove the soil from the hole and add some compost and manure. Mix this with some of the soil that has been dug out.
· Take the plant out of the container. If it is a plastic container you just cut it open at the side.
· Do not disturb the roots.
· Place the tree in the center of the hole. When you fill up the hole hold the tree so that its base is level with the surrounding ground.
· Raise the soil around the tree to dam the water (rain or irrigation)
· Do not plant the tree deeper than it was in the container.
·Do not cover the stem with soil because it will rot.
· Papayas need little water.
· They will, however, give more and bigger fruit if they are watered every 2 weeks in the dry season. The flowers will drop if they do not get enough water.
· If they are planted in clay soils, make sure that the soil does not stay too wet.
· To avoid waterlogging in clay soil, make a ridge and plant the papayas on the ridge.
Compost or manure
Give the high grown tree:
· 1 bucketful in September,
· 1 bucketful in November
· another bucketful in January.
· Sprinkle a few handfuls of manure evenly around the tree each month from September to the end of March.
Shipping and handling Policy
Our goal is giving best online shopping experience to you.